Christians believe in the Trinity: we believe that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one God. The problem is that the term Trinity is not found in the Bible, and we usually have a difficult time proving that there is a Trinity in the Bible.
Groups who are not trinitarian (such as Jews and Jehovah’s Witnesses) often challenge our belief that Jesus is God. Jews see Jesus only as a man, and not even a man of God; Jehovah’s Witnesses believe Jesus is the Christ, but not God.
I have also had the opportunity to talk with several missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Satins, and unlike the other two groups I mentioned, they believe the Father, Jesus, and the Spirit are three different gods—and tha tthe Father has a father, a mother, and was once human, but later he achieved enlightenment.
In my podcast series Is Jesus Christ God?, I explain from the Bible that there is only one God (whom Jews call HaShem and whom Jehovah’s Witnesses call Jehovah), and then I explain why Christians and the New Testament call Jesus God.
I invite yout to click on the links below to listen to each of the six episdoes in the series, or to go to the podcast’s page.
Questions for Reflection
- People sometimes think this passage teaches us to quote Scripture at the Devil to defeat him. Why is such interpretation wrong? Why is quoting Scripture at the devil not effective for us?
- Were the temptations Jesus endured real or only an illusion? In other words, was Jesus really tempted by them?
- Why is the victory of Jesus Christ over Satan (and, eventually, over death) the key to victory over sin and death in our own lives?
- Praise God for the victory of Jesus over temptation, Satan, and death.
- Thank God ro sending Jesus to defeat Satan, sin, and death.
- Ask God to fill you with the Spirit of Jesus so you can receive God’s grace and Jesus’ help.
Take a Look at My Other Articles
To read my previous Bible studies on this website, click here.
Check out my new articles on HubPages:
- Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream in Daniel 2
- Daniel Dreams of Four Beasts, a Little Horn, and a Court in Heaven
How to use this site
Follow the General Plan for Bible Studies to lead a group discussion or for your own personal reflection.
Don’t forget to check the welcome page to learn more about this site.
If you have comments, questions, suggestions, or testimonies, leave a comment below, email me via the contact page, or call (443) 583-4012 to leave a voicemail.
How you can support me
Share these posts online and with your friends.
Get a copy of Biblical Prayer for Today’s Believers: Transform Your Prayer Life. Read and apply one lesson per day to infuse your prayer life with vitality. With 90 lessons on prayer, your prayer life will never be the same!
Improve the quality of the water you and your family drink with Multipure Products. Multipure Drinking Water Systems are tested and certified by NSF International to reduce the widest range of contaminants of health concern (when purchasing a product, on the checkout page you will be asked “how did you hear about us?” Choose “Multipure Independent Builder,” and enter the number 434633 on the adjacent box).